Tuesday 25 October 2011

Jones always had faith

Phil Jones


Jones always had faith

Phil Jones says he never had any doubts that he could rise to the challenge that comes with playing for the biggest club in the world.
The 19-year-old has been a revelation since signing for the Reds in the summer and has already shown he has the talent and attitude to succeed at Old Trafford.
Jones is loving life as a Red and says he always had faith that his ability would shine through.
"I knew the pressure would be huge. Manchester United are a massive club and I knew it would be a big challenge for me," Jones told ManUtd.com.
"But I’ve said before I’ve always believed in my ability and hopefully I’m proving to people that I can rise to that challenge.
"I'm really enjoying myself here. All the lads have been brilliant to me and really helped me along," he added.
"Training with world class players week in, week out has only made me a better player and I’m thankful for that."
The weekend defeat to City in the Manchester derby is the first real low point
Jones has experienced since joining and while Sir Alex's men will be keen to move on as quickly as possible from the loss, the defender says being involved in high profile matches like Sunday's is exactly the reason why he joined the Reds.
"I wanted to play a part in all these big games," he explained. "I enjoy the challenge and am looking forward to the ones we have ahead.
"The thing that’s stood out since I’ve joined United is the desire to win every single game. It means to everything to win at this club.
"I’m just glad to be a part of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment